Gonzalez v. Career Strategies, Inc., et. al
Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles
Case No.: 21STCV25613
If, at any time from April 27, 2016 through May 13, 2021, you applied for employment with CAREER STRATEGIES, INC. or CAREER STRATEGIES TEMPORARY, INC. (collectively “Career Strategies” or “Defendants”) and Career Strategies procured a background check report on you for employment purposes, the above-titled class action lawsuit may affect your rights, and you may be entitled to a payment under the proposed settlement (the “Settlement”) described below.
You are not being sued. A court authorized your notice. It is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
PLEASE READ YOUR NOTICE CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS.
- This is a class action lawsuit that involves a class defined as “all persons on whom Defendants obtained a consumer report for employment purposes between April 27, 2016 and May 13, 2021."
- Plaintiff in this class action, Ulises Gonzalez (“Plaintiff”) alleges that Career Strategies acquired consumer, investigative consumer, and/or consumer credit reports to conduct background checks on Plaintiff and other prospective current and former applicants for employment purposes without providing proper disclosures and obtaining proper authorization in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), along with similar state law claims under the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act (“ICRAA”) and the California Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act (“CCRAA”).
- Career Strategies denies Plaintiff’s claims and asserts that it has complied with all of its legal obligations to applicants and its employees. Career Strategies intended to vigorously defend against this lawsuit and denies any liability whatsoever.
- There has been a Settlement that affects your legal rights. Although the Court has authorized the Parties to provide this notice of the proposed settlement, the Court has expressed no opinion on the merits of Plaintiff’s claims or Defendant’s defenses.
- You have a number of options available to you:
By doing nothing, you will receive a share of the settlement proceeds, and you will give up any rights to sue Career Strategies and Released Parties separately regarding all claims and causes of action of whatever kind or nature that are alleged, related to or that reasonably could have arisen out of the same facts alleged in this class action.
ASK TO BE EXCLUDED
You can request to not be part of this lawsuit..
If you ask to be excluded, you will not receive a monetary share of the Settlement proceeds, but you will keep any rights you may have to sue Defendants and the Released Parties separately about the same legal claims alleged in this lawsuit.
Object to the terms of this Settlement.
Your options are explained in your Notice.
To opt out of or object to the Settlement, you must act by June 14, 2023.